Maybe consciousness is more mystical than we think. What if we have more control over our outcomes than we realize? Join us as we explore the primacy of consciousness and why it is the key to our true human potential.
In this episode:
- We define consciousness from material and non-material perspectives and explore why all views are valuable to the human experience.
- We explore the difference between downward and upward causation and why downward causation opens up limitless possibility.
- We look at different states of consciousness: primary, non-symbolic and symbolic consciousness
- Overview of a few studies that have looked at group meditation as a means to shift outcomes
McTaggart, Lynne. “THE INTENTION EXPERIMENT The First Korotkov Water Experiment,” November 30, 2007. http://theintentionexperiment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/the-first-korotkov-water-experiment.pdf.
Hagelin, John S. “Effect on Terrorism,” n.d. http://www.permanentpeace.org/evidence/terrorism.html.
Hagelin, John S., Maxwell V. Rainforth, David W. Orme-Johnson, Kenneth L. Cavanaugh, Charles N. Alexander, Susan F. Shatkin, John L. Davies, Anne O. Hughes, and Emanuel Ross. “Effects of Group Practice of the Transcendental Meditation Program on Preventing Violent Crime in Washington, DC: Results of the National Demonstration Project, June-July 1993.” Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy, n.d.
Have you ever felt you were destined to be part of something important? Does the American Dream seem false and hollow, like humans were designed for something more? It’s time for us to install a new OS. One that activates our latent potential. Listen in as we explore the future human on Chaos and Light.
In this episode:
- What is the new OS we are ready to install?
- How do you know when you are ready?
- What to expect when you start to see the world in a new way?
- What happens if we don’t heed the call for transformation?
In the face of rapid advancements and existential threats we no longer have the luxury of propagating the ‘us vs them’ narrative. It is time to look at our dark side and figure out who we are and where we want to go as a global society. Join us as we explore why impeachment is just another way to avoid our collective shadow and the inner work that needs to be done.
In this episode:
- Look at Trump as a manifestation of our collective shadow work
- The importance of integrating the whole self
- Why all aspects of self are necessary to have an authentic voice
Often the word spirituality becomes synonymous with a belief in God. However, spirituality is a broader term that is really about our search for meaning. Listen in as Angela Levesque argues that when conscious, everyone is inherently spiritual and why this matters in our current climate of divisiveness.
In This Episode:
- Why people who are spiritual are often uncomfortable within the confines of religion
- What spirituality is really about: meaning and connection
- The problem with not divorcing spirituality from God
- The experience of awe
- Why we need more meaning in our policies and politics
One of the greatest threats to our personal freedom is the cancel culture. Listen in as we explore why it’s important to be feel uncomfortable and how that helps to liberate us in an increasingly complex world.
What’s In This Podcast?
- The impact technology has on our social development
- Cancel culture is a lazy response to complex challenges
- Cancel culture threatens our freedom of speech
- The best way to inner freedom is by facing adversity and using it as an opportunity to understand more about who we are and how we show up in the world
- We are complex humans facing complex challenges and the antidote to bad ideas is better one
- A fantastic interview with Ricky Gervais on Making Sense with Sam Harris
We all have a little of the Addict archetype in us. Some times it’s as obvious as the junky getting high under the bridge or as insidious as revisiting our Instagram posts every time it pings. But what roles does the addict play, could it be protecting your victim? Listen in as we explore addictive behavior through the lens of archetypes.
What’s in this podcast?
- What are archetypes and how they help us navigate challenges?
- How the Addict relates to our Victim
- The empowered traits of them both
- Look at how 12 step programs can help us uncover the Addict’s true motives