Can We Ever Go Home Again?
In today’s episode, we look at questions of relevance, identity and re-visiting old ways of being. Is it possible to ever go home again? What are we really looking for?
In This Episode:
- Divine Spectacle:
- We play with the idea of returning to an old way of being.
- We look at how our feelings of irrelevance and the opportunity for a certain outcome might be at play.
- The Sacred Mind:
- We explore the Buddhist’s view of impermanence and the static self as the key to our suffering and desire to return ‘home’.
- We look at the Toltec view of self-importance and why our relevance does not matter in the first place.
- The great paradox where everything is meaningful and meaningless and how we reconcile these two truths.
- It’s Worth Your Time:
- Meghan Daum’s book: The Problem with Everything: My Journey Through the New Culture Wars
- This book gives a GenXer’s perspective on the current climate of identity politics, feminism, victimhood, and the cancel culture.
- She assists the reader in not only understanding the generational divide but helps people have more compassion for ourselves and others as we navigate our own questions of relevance.