Mindful Anger, Values and How to Be Your Big Self
In today’s episode, Angela Levesque explores the values divide and how we overcome it on the Divine Spectacle. Followed by a mindfulness perspective on anger. What anger is, how we deal with it, and when venting is acting as a substitute for speaking your truth. Then, on this week’s It’s Worth Your Time, we talk about Brene Brown’s Netflix special The Call to Courage.
In this episode:
- In the Divine Spectacle segment, we explore how people with different values can find common ground and three things we can to eliminate the background noise that prevents us from doing so.
- In the Sacred Mind segment, we look at mindful anger
- We look at two types of expression – the venter and the suppressor and the qualities of both.
- The difference between venting and speaking your truth.
- How to deal with anger from a mindfulness perspective.
- In the It’s Worth Your Time segment Brene Brown’s Netflix special The Call to Bravery. This special is an extension of her TEDtalk on vulnerability. She explores how there is no courage without being vulnerable. Why failure is inevitable and how to be brave with your life regardless of the critics.