We are creative beings. So how consciously are we creating? How deliberate are we in what we bring into form? And what happens when we don’t know what to do with all of the creative force that is just begging for expression? In this week’s episode, we explore creativity as an inherent property of all of life.
In This Episode:
- Divine Spectacle:
- We are all creative beings. We should think of creativity in both the traditional and non-traditional sense.
- We have an inherent drive within us that needs expression. We are part of an ever-changing co-creative evolutionary process that is constantly creating.
- Each choice is an act of creation. When we create unconsciously is has unintended consequences.
- We explore the concept of Ikigai, which asks us to see the beauty in small things.
- Sacred Mind:
- We look at how that inherent creative drive can cause maladaptive behaviors if not given an outlet for expression.
- We look at the individual creative flow as a part of the larger creative flow in the field of consciousness.
- We look at 4 ways to step into that creative flow.
- It’s Worth Your Time:
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert – I love her writing and her contemplations on creativity from all different perspectives. She is speaking to both the people who want to be creative as a means to support themselves and just the innate desire we all have to make things.
- Blessed Are the Weird: A Manifesto for Creatives by Jacob Nordby – In this book, Jacob claims that being creative is really the only way to feel fulfilled in life. He lays out the different types of creative pursuits and their offerings to the world. Asking you to see your own unique brand of genius and why it is imperative to birth it into the world, not only for your own well being by really as a way to create a better world.